Question

so lonely and horny
I am 29 years old with no man in my life, i have had sex before and love it so much. i am a christian so sex before marrinage is sin..i know i know but dont know what to do becos i hav not yet met anyone that loves me to commit, i tried masturabting but its still need the real thing, please help
sexologist

Dear Sandra
You are clearly a very normal young woman with a normal sex drive. Your libido operates totally independently to your religious beliefs so this kind of conflict can often arise. You face a personal challenge to which there is no clear cut solution. If it is any consolation, it is a dilemma that many have faced over the centuries.

As I see it you have only two choices in the dilemma you face.

1. Redouble your efforts to find the right guy and divert your sexual needs into masturbation. It may be that you feel uncomfortable about masturbation in which you may want to reconsider these thoughts, as self-pleasuring can be a valuable outlet until the time is right for penetrative intercourse.
2. Question your commitment to abstinence or possibly consider non-penetrative sex, leaving intercourse for marriage. This may allow you to date men, and experience whether you are sexually compatible prior to a life long commitment.

SASHA. For further information please consult SASHA’S website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com