Question

social skills
Hi Doc. Where can I go for social skills training. I am not good at small talk and want to get some practice in a " safe"  environment. Thanks.

In my experience, many people who offer such "training" have no particular expertise or qualifications, so some courses may be expensive but dodgy. Surely there are some good and useful ones, but I hacve not come across them.
There used to be ( maybe still is ? ) and organization named after the original self-help guy, Dale Carnegie, which taught copurses in which one learned confidence, public speaking, and group work, etc.
If it's simply a lack of practice and skills, some such courses could indeed help. If on the other hand there's a degree of social anxiety disorder, of getting so anxious when the spotlight shifts to you, in a social setting, the CBT style counselling might help you to feel comfortable and confident in such situations, and freer to use your natural skills