Ask an expert

08 Jun 2011

Social Worker / psychologist
I came accross many judgments on the internet where a social worker or psychologist issued a report to the court and it was different to the family advocates report. I have spoken to quite a few social workers and psychologists and they all advised that they cannot make an accurate report based on only assessing one person and their report would be trown out of court. My ex will not co-operate so how do I get my ex and the children to see a psychologist or social worker
Answer 373 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

Lodge and application to court. The court will order that your ex and the children be assessed by a psychologist.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
A:1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town, 8000
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E:; W:; Blog:;
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18660 votes