Ask an expert

14 Jan 2003

solar keratosis
A Few of our family from my mother's side got this skin problem. Me and my brother have on our fore arms and in the front and back of our legs. We don't get in the sun with it. A dermatgist burn it with "stikstof". Is the the only way to get rid of it or is their alternatice treatment. And what cause it?
Answer 388 views

01 Jan 0001

ES, freezing it with nitrogen is the easiest way of removing it, but I suppose you can use laser, currettage and surgery to remove them if you want to.
It basically is caused by sun damage of the skin and isn’t malignant. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.