Question

Solid red rash on trunk
I woke up yesterday morning with a red rash just below both shoulder blades as well as the whole length of my sternum and the area under my right breast. These solid red blotches looked like sunburnt areas and I could even see tiny little blisters forming. There was however no pain or itching. Today the blotches are somewhat paler but still visible.

I don't feel ill at all but the night before the rash appeared I was extremely dizzy for a while. I turned in early on account of the vertigo but my head continued to SPIN while I was lying flat on my back. The dizziness has long since passed but the rash is not quite gone.

I would like to know what the possible cause(s) of this condition are and whether it could be virus related.

Dear Phoebe
This can be a bacterial infection of the superficial skin and may need antibiotics (erysipelas)- please rather let your dr have a look . These things can spread very quickly.