Ask an expert

30 Nov 2005

Sore arm *ouch*
Hi Doc,
All the best for the Festive Season!! :0)

Yesterday I had quite an experience - long story short - I locked my keys in my car *sigh*
My window was open slightly so I squeezed my hand through the gap and managed to get it through half way up my arm.
(I unlocked the door with some plyers!! hehe)

When I got home my arm was really sore - I have a lump on my hand with a big bruise, a lump on the top of my arm with a bruise and the under-side of my arm feels bruised all the way up to my wrist!

I've obviously squashed all the muscles pushing it through the small space. So I've been rubbing Deep Heat on it and putting Arnica oil on to stop some of the bruising.

I was wondering if there could be more damage then just the bruising.
Do you think I should see a doctor, or will my home treatment be ok?

Thanks Doc!
Answer 345 views

01 Jan 0001

Minxie, it sounds like it is just bruising and you can try taking some Voltaren® talets for it. If it doesn’t clear up within a couple of days or if it becomes worse, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17873 votes