Question

SORE FEET AFTER PREGNANCY
My baby is one month old and after giving birth my feet were still swollen but my blood presuure was never high even though I had swollen feet in my last month before giving birth. The problem now is that the swelling has subsided but my feet are so sore, its as if the ligaments are pulling apart. I cant even were high heels. What causes this and what can I use to relieve the pain?

Hi Jenny
When one is pregnant, the ligaments of the body "soften" due to the hormones, and only gradually goes back to normal. It may take a while for your feet to go back to normal - rather wear comfortable shoes for the next few weeks still, you can use an anti-inflammatory cream like Reparil jel, or Voltaren jel to rub your feet with, it may also be useful to see a physiotherapist to show you what exercises you can do to strengthen the small muscles in the feet again.