Ask an expert

29 Jul 2010

sore foreskin after sex
Recently I have been getting really painful cracks around my foreskin after i have sex..its sometimes so painful and i can''t pull up my foreskin (red and inflammed) i am in a very happy marriage and we don''t cheat on each other at all, so can''t be a sexual disease? what can it be? do you think i should get circumsied? do you think that would help? thanks
Answer 184,877 views

01 Jan 0001

i agree - its not an STI but most likely just an inflammed and sensitive foreskin. the best treatment is circumcision. however, a doctor will first inspect the foreskin to see if a simple ointment can treat the infection / inflamation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17836 votes