Question

Sore knees
Hi, there

I hope you can help me. I get excruciating pain inside my knees, mainly at night but in the afternoons too. I can describe the pain as a "pulling" sensation, as if my legs are pulling in different directions at my knees (pain would be right inside the joint). I have had this pain my whole life and have been to a few GPs including an Orthopaedic Surgeon and a Homeopath. Most could not tell me what it was, others have told me it's inflammation. I also have "bony" knees and can not kneel down on anything as it is too painful. I have already been tested for Rheumatoid Arthritis (was negative) - if it is inflammation, what is the cause? If it's not inflammation, what is it? I've given up going to see doctors about it, but need to know.
Thank you
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Nix
You may have tested negative for Rheumatoid arthritis, but osteoarthritis will not show up on blood tests. I don't know how old you are etc. I do suggest that you see a rheumatologist- this is a physician that specialises in rheumatology. You can call the Arthritis Foundation on0861303030 to find out if there is one close to you.