Question

Sore on bum

I have had a sore on my anus, more towards my back though than the rectum. It has been there for about 6 months. I' m not sure how I got it but it was not from sitting on something or the like.

It eventually got bad and was bleeding. Then I started putting Betadine and it has stopped bleeding. It is however seeming to take forever to heal.

What could this be and what best action could I take to get rid of it? I would prefer to try a home treatment before going to see a doc. I think that maybe Betadine is not strong enough?

I know this sounds weird but in my limited knowledge I think that this may be a wound that takes long to heal because, it' s an area of high friction, warmth, no light and bacteria?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Bob
Please let your doctor have a look at this. Some of these sores tend to make abcesses that tunnel through to the rectum and this is very difficult to heal, sometimes needing surgery. One would want to prevent this from happening by giving antibiotics in time.