Question

Sore throat
This unusual sore throat started about 4 days ago. It has become extremely sore when I try to swollow. It feel as if I have something stuck in my throat and is much lower down in the throat that my normal bout of a sore throat. It is also very painfull when I drink something warm. It feels like there is a restriction in the throat.

Dear Heather
Ask your GP to refer you to an ENT surgeon so that he can look down your throat with a scope ( a thin flexible tube with a tiny camera in the front) You may have infection down in the folds of the throat, sometimes a bit of food gets stuck there and causes problems.