Question

26 Oct 2009

Soreness and tightness
Hello, hope you are well. I' ve had a problem for quite some time. I' m very tight and my husband battles to enter me. As a result, sex is always always painful. It sometimes stings and burns. Afterwards, I get a bit itchy on the outside (I use a gel- Femagene- to sooth it but it burns when I do). I tend to be very prone to yeast infections (I battle with them at least twice a month) and I' m sure that has something to do with the pain and all that. However, I' ll only have enough money to visit a gynae in a few months. What can I do in the meantime to help with everything? I don' t know why I get so itchy after sex, and I don' t know how to get rid of the tightness (even when I' m very wet it still stings and burns).

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush. The 'tightness" may be due to tensing of the muscles on your part and you would have to learn to relax to prevent this. You could also try KY jely.