Question

soup diet
Hi i''m going to be undergoing lower jaw surgery in about 10 days time and wanted to know if i would lose weight from only eating liquids like soups if they are low carb and low gi? do you think i will loose? I will also be drinking herbal life shakes for breakfast..can''t chew anything else. Thanks

Dear Di
I am sorry to hear that you have to undergo lower jaw surgery and hope that the operation goes well. If your total energy intake per day is 6300 kJ or less per day when you are on your liquid diet, you may lose weight. Make sure that you do not get dehydrated or that your blood sugar falls too low during your convalescence because this may cause fainting, which you want to avoid.
Hope you recover well