Question

spastic colon
I have followed a high fibre low fat diet and still experience extreme stomach pains. Bowel movements still haven't improved and have to use laxatives. Could you please tell me what medication I can use for pain as most give me severe cramps.
Thanking You
Kathy

Kathy, a high fibre diet may increase the cramps if you have spastic colon. It is an excellent way of preventing cramps, but it’s not necessarily a good idea when you have cramps.
Anyway, that’s not your question. You should avoid any painkillers that contain codeine as they can make you constipated. You shouldn’t take any painkillers without having tried antispasmodics first. You can try something like Mypaid® and if that doesn’t work, something like Xefo®. The best would be to not take painkillers at all and to have the problem sorted out by a gastroenterologist. Good luck.