Ask an expert

20 Jan 2003

Sperm Count
Hi Doc

Where do i go for a sperm count , i'am just want to find out if i make the grade or not , you also mentioned that one should have 1.5 -5cc of sperm how much is that in " english " , but can u suggest any private clinics to go to for the test in durban
Answer 1,564 views

01 Jan 0001

You need to see a doctor first, because somebody has to give you your results and interpret them. So unfortunately you can't just go to a laboratory.

So find a GP that you are comfortable with and request the test. You have to abstain for 3-5 days before the test is done. Then you have to masturbate and produce the specimen in a clean and sterile container that the doctor will give to you. Usually you are required to produce the specimen in the laboratory as they have to analise it within 30 minutes.

I have no idea where to go in Durban and ethically I can't suggest either, but maybe someone on the forum knows. "Durban guy" knows lots of things and maybe he can assist here (with a phone number I mean, as he doesn't like masturbation, but this is for medical purposes, so I'm sure he'll be OK with it)

English for cc's are mls.

Good Luck
Dr Elna McIntosh
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9249 votes
66% - 17779 votes