Question

Spiders rule my life
I am so afraid of spiders and cob webs that I cannot stay in strange places, go camping, go to game reserves, in fact I am so restricted that I can't go any where. I cannot go into a room if there is even a tiny spider. I am even battling to sleep in my own bed incase there is a spider underneath. I can't book hotel accomodation in advance because I don't know if there are spiders. I first have to inspect everywhere and my husband has to go through cupboards and draws with the Doom first. I need help urgently as this is now ruining my life.

Dear Penny, before you develop Doom poisoning, relax. This is a very typical spider phobia, and responds brillinatly to simple bahaviour therapy or CBT which any good local psychologist ought to be able to provide.