Question

Spinning

I got engaged last year October and immediately joined Weigh less in anticipation of my wedding day.

In total I had 20.5 kilos to lose, i managed to lose 3.5 by myself prior to weighless and have lost another 9, so in total 12.5.

I just want to know if this is coming off too slowly? We take it easy on weekends (within reason), I also started spinning about 2 months ago 3 times a week.

My body was a total mess prior to this due to all the quick fix diets I had been on.

I just want to know if it is normal for it to come off so slow? 9 kilos in 8 months? You hear all these stories about people losing 20 kilos in 6 months and it makes me wonder if something is wrong with me. I am getting married in 4 months and still have 8 kilos to go and am feeling a bit desperate!

Will spinning help me?

Hi Lily

No, there's no such thing as weight coming off too slowly! I mean, obviously we want things to happen faster than they often do, but that weight is coming off and that's what counts. Sometimes, weight comes off really fast and that's dangerous, because it comes back really fast, harder to keep off.

So just keep it going, you've lost a lot of weight and you're doing it the right way, so take heart!

It is normal, yes, that's what it takes. This is why so many people fail, because they are not able to stick with it to see the progress! The people who see the weight plummet off often are losing a lot of water mass, and muscle mass, and as I said, the faster you lose it, generally the harder it is to maintain it!