Question

SPLIT FINGER NAILS
I am a female aged 62 who has COPD. In recent years my finger nails have started splitting at the tips, one nail on each hand. Is this related to the COPD or could it be caused by some deficiency in my diet? I have a healthy diet and also take calcium, magnesium as well as omega 3,6 and 9 supplements.

Dear Curious
Splitting nails are not generally associated with a nutritional deficiency, so if this condition is a problem, I would recommend that you either check with the physician who is treating your for the COPD (it could be an effect of a medication) or see a Dermatologist (if this is due to a fungus, etc).