Question

Sports bra for 34DD

I am blessed/cursed (depends on how I feel on the day!!) with a small back and large breasts - 34DD. I've now started running and always, even when weight lifting, use a sports bra (I just bought that new Triumph one, which is comfortable). I stopped running as a teenager because of the inevitable wobble which accompanies large breasts, and which really embarassed me, and now, at 31, I suppose I am just more mature and have a "it ain't gonna stop me" attitude. I am just worried that, despite Triumph's statements to the contrary (and other manufacturers), this bra does not offer enough support for my breasts. I notice quite a wobble when I see myself in the mirror. It seems to me that the well-meaning ladies in the specialist bra shops do not know what they are talking about when it comes to anything other than the latest lacy numbers, and sports shops have scant expertise on this subject too. Is there anywhere in SA (I live in JHB) where I can find out whether I AM getting enough support? These breasts of mine aren't getting any younger! Or am I worrying over the inevitable and should I just go with the wobble and rest assured that the bra is fine?

Hi Emma

I phoned Triumph International and they have asked if you could phone their Cape Town office (021) 505 5000 and ask to speak to Lydia (customer services). She will direct you to the closest store in JhB that can measure you and fit you properly - if this was a problem. Another bra which appparently is VERY supportive is the Berlei B502, so perhaps you should investigate this option.

I also know of big-busted runners who wear 2 bras! - Hope this all helps.

Good luck! And keep up the running!