Question

Spotting
Good day,

I am a bit confused. I have been spotting since my last period in Nov 2012, right through and up to my period of Jan 2013. In other words after my Nov period finished, it was about a week before the spotting started.

However, the spotting will " stop"  to make way for my normal period of about 5 days of heavy flow. As soon as my 5 days of period is done, the spotting will return.

I hope this makes sense? What does this mean and should I go and see the gynae again? Yes again! He told me a possible reason for spotting is that with the previous period of Nov, I didn''t ovulate properly....but as I said this is now month 3 and I am still spotting...

It is quite painful and I am on euthyrox chronic meds as well as lancap for my reflux, cilift (anti depressant) and a good vitamin supplement, calcium/magnesium and zinc and lastly I take one pregnacare capsule daily.

I look forward to your reply.

Spotting may be hormonal but could also be due to a problem with the cervix, uterus or a cyst. these things should all be checked for.