Question

Spouse has become demeaning!
Hi How does one deal or respond to a spouse thats always opportunistic on events where you 'slip up', get compared to the gardiner or the driver at work and how she would have handled a situation differently.She will give you 15seconds attention and then its about her conversion. However, at times, its blatant she despises my every breath. Its the impression I get. In other instances she displays affection or friendliness. I have noted constant general aggression with the family(me and the kids) in her character lately. She lacks patients, she can be extremely insentive to the kids(3) when helping them through their homework tasks. Most of the time I am held accountable for my 'family's doing' , or anyone else for that matter. Her comment i's who else should It ake it out on you are hear!" Nice! Fortunately for her I am strong willed and care too much. However the human spirit is becoming challenged. She will 'stir' at times make her remarks and walk away . She cannot stay and talk an issue through. Its just how she feels and claims we will go around in circles. I have asked what going on care to tell me. I am just irritated is the normal reply. My response Idid not cause it so please leave me out of it! She will then give the silent treatment for a couple of hours. Life is too precious for silence.Serious isn't it?

Sounds like a self-absorbed person with popor abilities to perceive how other people feel, maybe not even fully recognizing the importance of how other people feel. serious ? Maybe not, compared to earthquakes and epidemics, but highly annoying, yes. Sounds also as if she actually has no faith in being able to explain or defend her empty positions, so she uses them in this hit-and-run technique, to avoid a discussion in which she'd probably end up looking foolish. Any chance she might contemplate joining you in marriage counselling ?