Question

Startling behaviour
Dear CS
I wrap my husband in blankets to keep him warm. Recently he has started to pull a blanket over his head. No matter if it is day or night. What does this mean? It really startles me when I come home from work and find him sitting like that. I’m scared to lift the blanket, because I don’t know what I’m going to discover. He says it is to keep him warm.

I cn understand that this might be startling. Ity can be comforting, and can help to keep warm --- one actually loses far more body heat through the scalp and head than we realize, especially if one's har has been getting thin. I find that though it's not always considered fashionable, one of those tight clinging knitted "beanie" caps works well at keeping the scalp, and hence the head, and hence the rest of us, warm. That's why serious coats for cold weather, like parkas, have a hood. See if you can find him a hip hop cap or two, then he;ll loo fashionable and less alarming, as his face would remain visible.