Question

starve
One more question. I read on this form about "starvation mode", when you eat to little and your body stops losing weight. How little is to little? A friend told me she lost 10kg in 15 weeks by eating?
breakfast: 100ml yoghurt with all bran
10h: apple
lunch: 4 pro vitas with tomato
4h: apple
dinner: 150g mixed veggies

Is this okey?

Dear Me
I do not approve of starvation diets like this one, which will result in nutrient deficiencies. This diet is so minimalistic that it would not keep a sparrow alive! It is deficient in protein, iron, calcium, B vitamins (esp vit B12), zinc and omega-3 and if used for 15 weeks could lead to iron and/or vit B12 anaemia. The surprising thing is that your friend lost so little weight despite starving herself which supports the theory that starvation slows down weight loss. In 15 weeks she should have lost at least 15 kg on a balanced slimming diet (e.g. (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet, or try Weigh-Less or Weight Watchers or a Low-GI Slimming Diet) combined with exercise.
Take care