Question

status
i had unprotected sex with lady without knowing hiv status on 4 november 2007 . on the very same ,i felt sick headache,stomach aches, iwent to doctor on 10 november ,dr gave ciprofiaxin and antibiotics. i have taken the medication ,on the 13 novmber i went to back to the dr because i was so weak then i said thus how supposed to be he he gave my bullen. on the 26 dec2007 iwent to hiv test the result were negative but i am worried because there is window period and i always feel pains headache, please help me

Dear Pop

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please note that you are experiencing anxiety due to your situation. The medication that was prescribed to you, is effective to stop most sexually transmitted diseases. I suggest that you have another HIV test done at 3 and 6 month intervals. You can also ask them to do a STD screen at 3 months. Please do not worry too much and patiently wait for these results.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger