Question

Sterilised - Can I reverse it
Good day, I was sterilised 5 years ago have since then gotten divorced and would like to have another child now. Can the procedure be reversed and if not if there anything else I can do to fall preganant?

Dear Nel

Reversal of sterilization is indeed feasible depending on the method used for sterilization. If the clips or fallop ring was used then reversal will in most cases give you a reasonable success rate (approximately 70%). However if the cut and tie method was used then reversal can be a little more complicated and less successful in which case in-vitro fertilization would be a better option.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim