Question

STI Tests - Urgent!!!
I was recently tested for HIV and came back negative.

I now want to go for other STI tests - what is the best way to do this?? Blood tests? Urine Tests? Pap smear?

I was told that when I go for my pap smear again (which is due this week Friday) they can do a vaginal swab and are supposed to be able to run tests for all STIs that way - is this true? I want them to test for eveything and I want an accurate result!

I also asked about getting my BF tested before we sleep together and the doc said it wasn't neccessary unless he has symptoms!?! That can't be right??? Don't some infections lie dormant??

If you want to be tested for everything, you would need a swab and blood tests. you are right that some infections lie dormant, so your boyfriend should be tested as well.