Question

Stinky Cats Poo
My kitten is about 7 months now. His poo is really stinky & I just can't handle the smell. His litter box is in our bathroom. Is there something that we can use to sort out the smell? We buy the litter from the pet store or from Pick n' Pay. It is supposed to neutralize odours. We change the litter on a weekly basis - although the package says it lasts up to 4 weeks.

Could it be the food he is eating? What is the best food for the kitten. His claws are also dirty. How do I clean them. Even he is smelly these days.

He is a really adorable and loving kitty, but lately, I just can't handle him being around. He is cute and I don't want to be shooing him away, when he comes to play with me.

Please advise.
cybervet

You can try changing his diet to a premium veterinary diet and see if it makes a difference. You may also need to change to a biodegradable cat litter for a while so that you can flush it away.