Question

STOMACH PROBLEM
How long does it usually take to start seeing a difference if you are trying to loose weight. I have cut my calories in the hope that I can loose some of my stomach but I don't know how long it takes. I REALLY am afraid to loose the weight on other parts of my body (which are fine), its just this role on my stomach. I do exercise 5 days a week and as far as I can tell I don't overeat. My calories are never over 1700 a day so my stomach really confuses me. Am I simply getting to much energy in and what can I do to loose it? I don't want to loose WEIGHT. I way 53.8 and my height is 1.68. It's just the role that must go.

Hi Cindy

Your energy intake shouldn't really drop if you are on about 1700 calories per day, so I suggest you rather do some high intensity exercise on your programme, perhaps once or twice a week. Abdominal exercises can also help to tone the abdominal area, but spot reduction per se is a myth.
How you carry fat, is largely genetically determined - some women carry it on their hips and thighs - others abdominally - and we can't change our genetics! However, try modifying your exercise as I suggested and see if this works!