Question

Stomach Ulcers - Cyberdoc doesn't respond
Subject: Stomach ulcers
Posted by: Rosy
Message: I suspect that I'm suffering from stomach ulcers, but want my suspicions confirmed before I go through the ordeal of swallowing the camera! I'm nauseous in the mornings with faint stomach ache, so I usually skip breakfast. Lunchtime I mostly eat simple sandwiches or salads (pasta), and that goed down well. Dinner is the actaul problem, because no matter how hungry I am or what I eat, I'm 60% nauseous, have severe stomach cramps. Please help and advice me. I'm underweight I suspect too (appr. 50-53 kg for 1.77m, can't keep my weight constant) - I have been tested for diabetes, which I had and outgrown as a child. It seems that I function better without food!
Date: 14/1/2003

Dear Rosy
The symptoms you describe can be caused by a wide variety of clinical conditions - ulcers, reflux, gall bladder problems, enzyme deficiencies, spastic colon - the list goes on and on. You must PLEASE have a medical checkup because this condition needs to be treated and you need to gain some weight. Skipping breakfast is not a good idea, esp if you have ulcers! I have never heard of a childhood diabetic 'growing out' of this condition. One thing you also need to keep in mind is the danger of becoming anorexic. If this is the case, then ask the dr to refer you for help to a clinical psychologist and dietitian. Go for help ASAP.
Take great care