Question

Stop using Roaccutane only 3 weeks ago and now pregnant!
My pregnancy was confirmed earlier and I am scared to death about the baby having abnormalties. What can I do to help the baby develop normal? What kind of tablets should I be taking?

Unfortunately, there is a 30-40% chance of birth defects such as learning disabilities, various brain malformations, heart defects, and facial abnormalities if you fall pregnant on Roaccutane. For this reason women are asked to use reliable contarception while taking it and for a month after stopping. Experts also associate it with an increased incidence of miscarriage.
There is nothing you can do to prevent these happening now. You should see your doctor to discuss having an ultrasound, though all of these defects cannot be detected on scan. You could also discuss the option of termination of the pregnancy.