Question

strength training for the obese?
The cardiac training I can do but with streagth training I am lost. There is so much equipment at the gym but where do I start?
FitnessDoc(wow)

HI there

I suggest you log onto www.health24.co.za and join the free gym-based interactive exercise programme called "War ON Wobbles". There you will get all the info you need as well as weekly monitoring. If you prefer a home-based programme, then log onto the same site but go into the fitness section and you'll find "Shape up for Summer". There are many different cardiovascular options with great goals from which to choose, as well as a range of resistance exercises you can do from home.

The illustrated pictures and guidelines will be a big help, but don't hesitate to ask a gym instructor to check that you are in afct doing the exercises correctly.

Good luck.