Ask an expert

11 Jul 2011

Stress management/Insomnia
Hi doc,

Please can you refer me to a psychologist, I reside in Cape Town, southern suburbs?

Answer 320 views

01 Jan 0001

Its not possible or normal practice for me to Refer you to a psychologist, but there are many good psychologists practising in Cape Town. So the issue is finding one who suits you. If you have a GP he/she may be able to recommend someone they have had good experiences with ; shrinks are listed in the phone directories. And a group like FAMSA may also know more about local shrinks and be able to recommend some in your area ( I'm not able, for obvious reasons, to keep track of where the nation's shrinks work, let alone whether any are worth recommending !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17886 votes