Question

Stressed
Hi Doc,

Im 11 weeks pregnant, after two miscarriages both at 6 weeks. Im kinda scared that something might go wrong. I just need a confirmation that chances are slim for something to happen now. I dont wanna go thru that route again.

Thanx
fertility expert

Dear Heidi

Unfortunately there is no guarantee that your pregnancy will be uneventful. It may be advisable to consider a shirodkar stitch in your current pregnancy. This is a procedure done in theatre where a suture is inserted to help hold your cervix together and avoid a subsequent miscarriage. It must also be noted that early first trimester miscarriages can be a result of progesterone deficiencies.