Question

STRESSED!! EXCESS FLUID IN BABY'S HEAD
HI
I AM JUST OVER 26 WEEKS PREGNENT AND WENT FOR A 3D SCAN OF MY BABY.
THE NURSE DOING THE PROCEDURE INFORMED THAT THERE IS AN EXCSS OF FLUID IN THE BABY'S HEAD THAT DOES NOT LOOK NORMAL.
PLEASE COULD YOU HELP ME WITH MORE INFO ON THIS HOW DOES THIS OCCUR AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM ALSO IS THIS A SIGN OF AN ABNORMALITY IN MY BABY?- I AM SEEING MY DOCTOR AT THE END OF THIS WEEK ONLY

There are a number of causes of excess fluid in the head, one of them being hydrocephalus. Most of the nurses who do 3D scans are not really trained in diagnosing abnormalities, so you will have to wait till you see the doctor for a definite diagnosis and further information.