Question

Stressed out
Dear Doc,
Ive been feeling very stressed out for the last 4 months, have been taking ciprimal but have stopped cause I think I ws getting addicted to it. When I am falling asleep lately I wake up with a fright (at least twice every night), and have shallow breathing and panic alot. i have strange dreams and what i think could be illucinations. Tonight I have chest discomfort (but not severe pain) and a "tingly" feeling in my arms and fingers. My neck is really sore especially at night. I dont have serious pain but I feel really uncomfortable and cant sleep etc. In the day at work I feel ok so I think this is psycological or could there be something more "medical" wrong. I am not sure how sick I am because half the time i am upset and crying anyway so maybe its just that making me feel this way. don't want to go to a Doc cause I wouldnt know how to say this - it sounds ridiculous. I feel like I am going crazy. Would appreciate your advice, should I see a doc or not waste my time or money, both of which are scarce to me at this time. PS I am female 24. Tx sooo much - KD

KD, it sounds like you went of the Cipramil® too soon or that you stopped too suddenly. Maybe the best would be to go back on the Cipramil® (slowly – start by taking ½ tablet a day for 8 days). The problem is that is might be due to something completely different, so that’s why seeing your doctor would also be a good idea. Good luck.