Question

stroke after radiation therapy
My father had 10 days of radiation therapy  the last session of therapy was six days ago. He received the therapy for cancerous growths on his head. (Skin cancer)

Understandably he is very weak, but he also find it difficult to keep his balance, are very dizzy and get (from time to time) this glassy star in his eyes as if he do not know what is happening around him. Is this normal?

He has a history of strokes, could the radiation in any means contribute to a stroke if the above symptoms points to a stroke?

Should we worry and see a doctor before the six weeks follow up visit to the doctor?

Thank you sincerely
Ron

Ron

I think that it is important that your father consults a neurologist for a CT scan of his head, to rule the formation of a stroke out.

Please do not wait for the six week follow up consultation.