Question

Stroke Damage
My mother in law had mutiple strokes over a period of time. She ended up in hospital. According to the doctor the cells on the one side of her brain are all dead. She can communicate, but only one way. She can ask questions and tell you something, but she do not understand or hear anything that you reply. At the moment she is at home, where we need to take care of her. Please give me more information on how to take care of someone like that and what we can do to help her get that cells "alive" again.
Handicap Expert
Handicap Expert

Dear Michelle

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, there is no proven medication that will assist in getting the cells alive again. Recovery is time dependant. Hopefully, she will improve with time.

Taking care of a person with multiple strokes, depends on the person's mobility. Please be so kind as to elaborate on this, in order for me to give advice to you.

It is essential to focus efforts on body parts moving, in order for her to be kept strong and physically healthy as possible. Physiotherapy will be the core treatment for her.

On receipt of your reply, the matter will receive my further attention.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger