Question

Struggle to loose weight the healthy way.
I am desperate for some advice. The last year I have picked up some weight. Not to much - about 4 kg. The last three monthes I've been trying to loose it again. I'm eating right (not following a diet, just a healthy eating plan - eating low fat foods, less meat, losts of fruit and vegetables etc). I eat my three meals a day and fruits in between. I drink a lot of water. Also, I exercize 3 - 4 times a week for 45 - 75 minites per session. Mostly cardio with a bit of circute training. I just can not seem to loose those extra kilo's ! And its not just the kilo's on the scale, I'm not loosing centimeters either. Why can this be and is there anything I can do to just speed things up a bit ? I'm not into quick fixes and am prepared to do my bit, but its not working this time !

Dear Jenny
Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Tools' and calculate your BMI. If it falls in the 18 to 25 range then your weight is still normal despite the 4 kg gain and you will struggle to lose weight because the human body resists weight loss when your weight is normal. If you are overweight, the click on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet - compare with what you are eating and make the necessary adjustments.