Question

STUN GUNS
DEAR MORNE

PLEASE COULD YOU INFORM ME ABT THE STUN GUNS USED BY COPS IN THE USA - IT LOOKS LIKE A REAL FIREARM AND SHOOTS OUT AN ELECTRICAL CHARGE ONTO THE VICTIM- THE VOLTAGE CAN BE REGULATED.

ALSO ARE THEY LEGAL IN SOUTH AFRICA - AND IF YES - WHAT WOULD BE THE CONSEQUENCES IF A CRIMINAL DIED AS A RESULT OF A STUN GUN ATTACK - SAY HE HAS A WEAK HEART AND THE VOLTAGE KNOCKS HIM DEAD.

KIND REGARDS

NICO
Self defence expert
self defence expert

Hi Nico,

Thank you for posting on my forum. The Stun gun you are referring to is called a Air Taser Gun. Here is a useful link you can check out http://www.beststungun.com/advanced-taser-m18.html
They are awesome products as you will see when you read what the gun actually does to you compared to your normal stun guns. According to their listing You are able to use them here in South Africa, but this you can always check with the SAPS, Customs etc. before you order to ensure you are 100% safe.
Re the use of a stun gun on a criminal. If the gun is used for Self Defence purposes or to prevent a violent crime you will be fine in a court of law. If you make use of a stun gun in a unjustified manner you can be prosecuted.

Please feel free to mail me should you require any further assistance.

Morné
www.jkd.co.za