Ask an expert

04 Aug 2010

How can i start this?
I cheated on my husband 11 years ago and he still has a grudge on me for that. He has kept a tight fist on me since then.
He''s never around... I went out with my son the other night and he caught me... (just going out). I''m 39 and my son is 19. My husband is so angry I don''t know what to do :( Now he want''s a divorce. I was just sitting in a club and left after one hour...
I am totally depended on him. PLEASE help me!
Answer 410 views

01 Jan 0001

The problem is his. A long-past episode of cheating is unfortunate, but does not deserve years of ecessive bitterness and suspicion. The problem is probably that though he may need counselling, he is unlikely to agree to this.
Now he wants a divorce because you went out WITH YOUR SON ? What on earth is he suspecting ? He sounds desperately of low self-esteem and apparently with nothing else in his life to occupy him. Any court to which he applied for a divorce would, if they heard evidence of this would consider him unreasonable and would have to consider maintenance for damages to you caused by a completely unreasonable grudge on his side.
If you say he's always out, what is HE doing in all that time he spends out ?
Do consult a divorce lawyer, to protect your rights
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.