Question

Stuttering
My 16 year son has started stuttering out of the blue.Only certain words, those beginning with d,g,c cause him to stutter.

I consider him well adjusted,he does well at school,does well at sport,has lots of friends and our home life is good.

What causes this? Should I take him to a speech therapist,psychiatrist or will it go away.

Dear tonsil,
At a distance, it's hard to tell. It's relatively unusual for a boy to start stuttering in adolescence, having been perfectly fluent before, and might suggest some areas of stress troubling him, though it sounds, at least on the surace, that everyhing's fine. A psychiarist ould assess whether there are any other factors at play here ; maybe a speech therapist would be a good first assessment, though, as they would have much more experience with stuttering as such. Maybe you can eurn to the Forum with a fresh message, and let us know what the opinion is ?