Question

sub clinical hypothyroidism?
I had a thyroid test on 2003.01.16 and the levels are tsh 4.24, t4 19.8. what needs to done? My sister also has graves diasease. I have seen how my sister has suffered and I do not want to go down that road. Please advise what the next step is. On top of this I have a high cholesrol level of 5.59,even though I am a vegetarian.

Patty, it all depends on what other symptoms you have, but the blood test result don’t really show that you have Graves’ disease (hyperthyroidism) or hypothyroidism. The best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.