Ask an expert

13 Mar 2003

Subject: RE: Unhappy marriage with baby on the way

Posted by: Jen
Message: In my situation is that my husband has got a girlfriend and he is not denying it as he is getting calls from this woman while i'm still there and leave the room for privacy. i confronted him and he told me i'm the one who made him go for a girlfriend because i wasn' t respecting him as a husband should be. He was complaining about little things like a cup that i left there and didn't remove or shoes or my cooking lot of food which he doesn't want yesterdays left overs.

there wasn't any peace at home we tryed to call parents but things started to cool of only for a while this happend during Septeber 2002 and married December 2001. I've been involved with him for 6 year before marriage. I got mischarage before this pregnancy and now i'm due in April or May 2003.

I found a letter from this woman telling him how much she loves my husband and she wants him for herself not sharing him the fact of sharing him it's not what she wants. Now he is not working anymore and all the expenses are my responsibility and ontop of that he still receives calls from this women and now he stills my Cellphone and call this woman. i don't know what to do i just want to divorce him and go on with my life me and my baby. He doesn't sleep at home for 3days in a 7 days week and he doesn't call me to tell me where he is, he will wait for me to call him then he will give me a story that he didn't have money to come back home and he is sleeping over at a friends house. I really can't take it no more i'm tired and hurting my baby at the same time. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
Date: 13/3/2003
Answer 455 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear jen,
He's behaving like a louse. It's sad that you have apparently only discovered his true colours after some months of marriage, and while pregnant ; but if he is being so uncaring, what matters is the wellbring of you and the baby, not him.
If he walks off with your cellphone, report it stolen and have its calls blocked, at least to Her phone number --- what cheek, to expect you to pay for him to call his mistress ! And dont contribute a single cent to his expenses outside of your home, for whatever time you choose to allow him to stay there. If you are carrying all the expenses, then he may as well move out. He seems to want to best of both worlds, to live at your place, and have the other lady on the side --- and from the sound of it, she doesn't like that idea much, either. He deserves neither of you, nor any other woman until he learns to grow up and treat other people with respect.
You deserve the support of a counsellor, to help you deal directly with your emotional problems here ; and you need legal advice ( check for free legal advice at a University Law Clinic or through the Law Society ; or from the Family Advocate ) to be sure you protect your rights, and that of the baby, from him.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes