Ask an expert

29 Mar 2007

Subject: Want a divorce how do I tell he

How do i tell my wife that it is over?

She can have everything, just want out

Emotionally abused, can't take more

Answer 275 views

01 Jan 0001

I'd recommend that you see a personal counsellor first, so that you don't over-react --- if she is emotionally abusive, separation and then divorce may be a wise move --- but don't take a "she can have everything"| approach --- she surely doesn't, if abusive, deserve "everything" and cannot block you from getting a divorce.
Do not buy the implicit message of all abusers that you are somehow undeserving and should be submissive --- look after yourself well, emotionally and financially, with good psychological / counselling and financial / legal advice
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.