Question

SUGAR AND BONES
Can having to much sugar in your diet have any negative effect on your bones. I usually have 4 meals a day, but in-between I have candy in the form of candy balls, jelly beans or just a spoon full of sugar every hour or so.

Dear Beani
Overdoing the intake of any food, is not a good idea. Why do you need to eat something sweet every hour or so? And what does this do to your weight? If this is just a habit, then I would advise you to wean yourself of having to eat sweets all the time. There is nothing wrong with having a sweet or a dessert after a balanced meal, but it appears that you have a compulsion to eat sugar all the time. Have you had a medical checkup lately? If not, then it may be a good idea to see if you are not suffering from an insulin problem. Ingesting so much sugar may be an indication that you have a physical or even a psychological problem. If you neglect to have sufficient calcium because you are not hungry at meals, then this eating pattern could result in weak bones and lead to osteoporosis. It can also damage your teeth if you don't rinse or brush after each meal and sweet snack. Moderation is the key to good health.
Take care