Question

Sugar levels
Hi i have been diagnosed with incilin resistance about 4 years ago and havent payed much attention to it i took my meds and that was it but lately i suffer from severe headaces and am tired constantly so i started checking my sugar and its now a week that my level havent droped it stays between 10.5 and 13 i am taking glucophage 850mg twice a day but it doesnt seem to help. Shoul i go and see a doctor and what is a normal reading?
Cyberdoc

Hallo Margaret
Yes your blood sugar is too high. A fasting sugar should be less than 7 and after a meal it can go up to 11 but should come down again after about an hour or so. You may need to go on to a diabetic diet and your doctor may need to add another medication to your glucophage. Make an appointment but go early in the morning on an empty stomach so that he can do a fasting blood sugar and insulin blood test.