Ask an expert

17 Dec 2004

sugar with cold water
please help, what else can i try for my sadness?
i drank cold water with sugar but it does not help. i feel so empty inside and cry a lot. i have no appetite and when i force myself to eat, my stomach runs.

we broke up with the guy and it has been 9 months now. last week he told me that there is a new lady in his life and this brought this depression. my other friend also told me that they are so much in love. she works with them at the same company.

what can i do? i have accepted that he cant be with me, but then why the crying and not eating and the sore stomach for the whole week
Answer 872 views

01 Jan 0001

I wonder whether there might be two different things going on at the same time ? It sounds like you're not yet over the disappointment of losing that last guy, even though you deserve someone better than him, and will be able to find such a man whebn you stop holding on to the idea of the last one. Seeing a counsellor would help, maybe visiting with your family and talking this through with a wiser older woman in your family.
This shouldn't give you a runny stomach, so maybe the stomach has been upset by something to ate which was a bit "off". See a GP or your local clinic to check on this, and they may be able to give you something to stop or slow down the diarrhoea. meanwhile, some sugar and a little salt in water can help, so keep drinking, because it helps to replace some of the fluid you are losing in the diargoea.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.