Question

Suicide - Don't do it
If this message helps just ONE person, then I am happy. If anyone reading this message has ever contemplated, threatened or attempted suicide, I have something to say from the depth of my heart.

If you are thinking about suicide, Please, please, please don't do it. Just pick up the phone, visit someone or just TALK to someone, send an email, a lot of things can work to help you see things more clearly. The world is a better place with you in it , you MUST believe that.

We lost someone very recently to suicide, and the pain and confusion that we are going through is too terrible to describe. This lady was troubled in certain ways, and quite complicated, but we loved her very much, and our lives were richer having known her. None of the problems were so great that we would have wanted her any other way. I am not sure how we are going to deal with this right now - prayer is helping, and we'll just spend the rest of our lives waiting for the pain to go away (will it ever??)

There is NOTHING that cannot be solved in this world, and SUICIDE does not solve anything, EVER!!

I would be happy to talk to anyone who is in this predicament, anytime!

kittie@highveldmail.co.za

Heartbroken --- thanks for your important message. Sadly, people who become suicidally depressed, tend to develop a form of tunnel vision, becoming progressively unable to recognize the good tings in their lives, and less open to seeking and receiving help. And almost without exception, they grealty under-estimate the awful impac their death can have on others, even on people they didn't expect to noice it. I do hpe that other people who are feeling despair, will read your mesage seriously, and seek the help they deserve, as you suggest.