Question

Suitable diet tips for vegetarians. (weight loss)
Could you please advise me on diet tips for vegitarians. I require a weight loss programe.

Dear Stompie
I don't specifically have a vegetarian slimming diet that I can refer you to on this website, but you can check out the energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). You would have to substitute your usually low-fat protein foods (legumes, pulses and soya) for the meat or fish. Also increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) to lose that weight.