Ask an expert

10 Jan 2008

Hi Guys,

I have really sensitive skin, and I burn very quick in the sun, compared the average person in the sun.

Normal sunblocks do not work, even something with SPF 50 doesnt even work... Does anyone have similar problems?

When I get sunburnt, it take me a few months to get back to my normal complexion.

Does CLINIQUE, and other reputable brands work?

What do you suggest?
Answer 406 views
Anti-ageing expert
Anti-ageing expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Guy, thank you for the question.

It is very important to use a SPF that contains either zinc oxide or titanium dioxide or both. An excellent brand is the Heliocare range that consists of a gel, cream, and spray (all have a SPF 50), and a capsule that has a further increase of your own SPF to around 3.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.